Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Follow-Up Appointment

Follow-Up Appointment that sent me straight back to the hospital.

I'm going to try to make this long story short so bare with me!

This morning I went back to the OB for my follow-up appointment from my hospital visit on Monday afternoon/evening. My BP was still a little elevated but not drastic. I spent yesterday and this morning monitoring it myself at home and only one time that I took it was it in the normal range- all others were high. I also woke up with a headache and this has been my 3rd one in a week (Saturday, Monday, and today). The NP was very informative and seemed genuinely concerned. 

I was put on the fetal monitor for 20 minutes in the office. Kynlee was very active and had a great heartbeat the entire time (Praise the Lord)! The NP looked over my blood work from Monday's hospital visit and reassured me that those were fine. After my 20 minutes of fetal monitoring was completed, she came back in the room with some "not so good" news. After looking back at my chart and reports (since she wasn't involved in it on Monday) she noticed that there was a small amount of protein found in my urine. That, combined with the headaches and elevated BP, was enough to put me back in the hospital. You see, on Monday I should have had a 24-hour urine collection done but the [male] OB doctor sent me home without one.

So, here I am. Back in the hospital. Back to monitoring my BP. And now I'm collecting my urine for 24 hours to be tested tomorrow. Oh, and they just did more blood work so I should know those results in about an hour or so. Good news is that I am in an actual delivery room so it is much more spacious and a lot nicer than the other two "observation" rooms I've been in previously. 

The results of my urine test will determine when Kynlee will arrive. While I'd love to meet her as soon as possible, that is not my prayer. My prayer is that God's Will is done and she will come when she is ready-but if they do have to take her early that there will be no complications because of it.

I'll continue to update as I know more. And if you've read this far, thanks for staying with me! I apparently don't know how to make long stories short! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you! Like I said before, I delivered Avery at 37 weeks. I was actually induced too because of complications. Kynlee is a strong little girl in there and she'll be fine!!! She's a girl too, which makes her even stronger. (Little white boys are the wimpiest LOL)

    Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I enjoy reading everyone's comments :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails