Friday, July 16, 2010

Struggling...

I've come to realize that many women absolutely LOVE being pregnant and do not have a negative comment about it. Being pregnant comes easy for them. 

Well I'm here to say that this isn't the case for me.

Please don't get me wrong. I truly love being pregnant. 
The pros outweigh the cons, but there ARE cons.
Feeling the kicks, Seeing my stomach move in random ways/shapes, and hearing our baby's heartbeat... these are all things that make me feel completely blessed.

I know that God is the creator of this miracle inside of me that I often prayed for, although I didn't realize my prayers would be answered so soon. 

What a Mighty God He is!

That being said... I'm 32 weeks pregnant, extremely hormonal and I'm ready to vent.

Being pregnant is HARD. 

I feel like I am constantly complaining about neck aches, back aches, swollen ankles/hands/everything on my body for that matter. Getting out of bed - something that used to be a simple task - is even hard these days and requires great maneuvering skills.  I now have an overactive bladder and by the time I walk out of the bathroom my bladder feels full again.
I do not sleep good at night even though I'm constantly exhausted.
And the HEAT... don't even get me started on this HOT SOUTH GEORGIA WEATHER.
I break a sweat just turning on the A/C! It's ridiculous!

My mood swings are more often than not, and I am so thankful that my sweet husband and family puts up with them. Lately things will come out of my mouth and even I realize how hateful they sound- and have to immediately apologize. It's the hormones talking, not me!

I'm telling ya... these hormones are no joke and are way worse than the hormones/mood swings associated with PMS.  

All in all, I do not like this whiny, complaining person I've become.


I'm just ready to meet our daughter.
I know that once she gets here all of those "negative" things will seem even more minuscule than they do right now.

Until then... I'm going to try to stay positive. :)


1 comment:

  1. Keep your chin up girl! I never liked being preggers myself buy your little girl will be the bless blessing in the world! I have both a 22 month old and a 2 month old. Our 22 month old keeps us cracking up and our 2 month old has just a beautiful smile! It will be over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I enjoy reading everyone's comments :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails