Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Glucose Test

Just got back home from my OB appointment. They checked the heartbeat, measured my stomach, and did the usual-BP/pulse, urine test, and weight check. Kynlee's heartbeat was 146! My stomach (uterus) is measuring around 28, whatever that means. The doc said it was good. :)

My vitals and urine sample were fine but I have gained 8 lbs. since last month. That's right, 8!!! The doctor didn't seem concerned, but I will definitely be watching what I eat a little more closely (no dieting though). 

The orange stuff I had to drink for the glucose test was not bad at all [in my opinion] although many people made it out to be the most horrible thing ever! It tasted like orange Fanta, just with more sugar. Of course I was really thirsty at the time (like always these days) so that may have been a reason why I didn't mind drinking it. 

I then had to wait an hour for them to draw my blood. Luke joined me after he got off work to be a support system for the blood work! They always have trouble finding my veins in either arm at the elbow crease. I have decided that it's not the needle going into the vein that bothers me, but just the search for the vein with the constant tapping on it---now that's what makes me want to pass out!

The first nurse was real sweet and finally found the vein, but once she stuck the needle in...the vein rolled. AHHH! So she called for back-up and thankfully that nurse decided to just draw the blood from a vein in my hand. Whew! That was much easier to handle and I'll be sure to tell them that next time I need blood drawn! :)

That same nurse said that they would know the results in a couple of days. If I don't hear from them then I have nothing to worry about. If I do hear from them... then there may be a problem. BUT, I'm not worrying about that right now!

I will start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now and then once a week when I am 36 wks. Actually, though, my next appointment is in 3 weeks since I will be at the beach in 2 weeks... YAY!

That's all for now...hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. You know, I was wondering why you hadn't updated yet. . . but evidently i didn't click to follow you! Now i will be much better =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I enjoy reading everyone's comments :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails