Thursday, June 10, 2010

27 wks

My sister is getting MARRIED and tomorrow starts her wedding festivities, so I wanted to go ahead and do my 27wk post since I will be busy all weekend!

Kynlee is growing so much and I can now distinctly feel where she is at when I touch my belly! It's hard as a rock! I have had some pain the last few days and didn't know how to describe it at first. After thinking about it for a while, the best way I can describe it is this: it feels like she is tugging on my belly button from the inside and pulling it closer to her! Gross, I know. Sounds painful? It is.

Also, the dreaded breast soreness has returned, along with exhaustion (that never really left anyway) and really bad [lower] back pains! I've had back problems for several years now due to a bad wreck in high school, and so I'm hoping and praying that I don't have back labor with her.

Other than that, she is still kicking a lot and making her presence known. :)

My next OB appointment is on Tuesday, June 15th. This is when they will do the sugar test to check for diabetes. I am dreading this because it means more blood work!

Soon I will also need to schedule an appointment for our 3D/4D ultrasound. I can't wait! We will probably try to schedule it around the first week in July!

Last time we went for an US, Kynlee had only gained 2 ounces in one week, which put her at 1lb, 12 ounces. I feel like she is AT LEAST 2lbs. now, but I'm not certain. Below is what babycenter.com tells us for week 27 (which is the LAST week of the 2nd trimester!):

How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower)...

...and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Following you back!! We are close together in our pregnancies well 3 weeks apart, but still!!! I hope you are feeling well!! Have you read Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy? That was my favorite with my first baby and is still hilarious this time around!! Good Luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am a new follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday, so glad to have found your blog. Hope you have a great day and good luck in the rest of your pregnancy!

    Eloise
    Mommy2TwoGirls
    http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I enjoy reading everyone's comments :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails