Wednesday, January 27, 2010

September Baby

On January 8, 2009 Luke returned home from his 14-month Iraq deployment. We were so ecstatic to be with each other again! Exactly one year later, on January 8, 2010 we found out that we are expecting our first child! I must admit that I was very nervous at first because we were not planning for children for a few more years. And then- I felt silly. My plans are nothing compared to those of my Lord's! God definitely blessed us with this miracle baby and we cannot wait to be parents!  


It took 5 tests with a positive result for me to believe it-and even then I was still skeptical! We went from the cheapest to the most expensive tests and of course we got the same result on each!



I feel especially blessed because I have a condition called polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)-- meaning there are many, many, cysts covering both of my ovaries and many women with this condition must take fertility drugs to get pregnant, if they are able to at all. While this pregnancy was a shock, I am so thankful that I am able to carry this child and I know that I would much rather it have been a surprise like this then to try and try to conceive and have to wait so long for it to happen. 

I am about 7.5 weeks along and we are due somewhere around September 11th.

My sister is the clinical instructor for Darton's Ultrasound Program and we are very grateful that we are able to get as many sonograms as we want (and not have to always wait for them to do one at the doctor's office)! We were able to get a sonogram done last week and, although there is not much to see yet, we DID get to see the heartbeat- and it was a strong one! :)

I am going to do my best to blog about this pregnancy experience and keep everyone updated on mommy & baby's health. So far, no unusual cravings. I have been eating more cereal. I would say I'm eating more pickles, but I have always loved pickles so that is not out of the ordinary for me . I stay nauseous all day, every day, with only a few breaks. This is definitely not the fun part, but I am hoping that after the first trimester the nausea will leave. 
*Keeping fingers crossed.*

Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Whitney,
    Take comfort in the nausea by believing in the fact that "THEY" say "The more nausea you have the better the seed is planted"!! Love ya'll!!

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I enjoy reading everyone's comments :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails